Yes, thank you, we say both. Fortunately, our Gua Sha set contains both Gua Sha stone and Facial Roller, but when should you use the various tools, and which one suits you and your skin best? Let us show you!
You can massage with our Gua Sha set every day to help blood circulation and lymphatic drainage in the face. You can also use it as needed, for example for tension in the jaw or headache. Silkemyk's Gua Sha set is made of rose quartz with gold details. Did you know that rose quartz is a crystal, and that it is called the love stone?
The pink color of the stone symbolizes love and warmth. There is a chemical compound in rose quartz called Silicate mineral. The mineral helps to increase blood circulation and reduce swelling, so it is the perfect stone to use for Gua Sha.
How to use Gua Sha stone from Silkemyk
Our Gua Sha massage stone is heart-shaped in shape with a curved side, which makes it well suited for use on the jaw and above the cheekbones. The flat side is very nice for use over the cheeks and forehead.
- Before you start, make sure your skin is freshly cleansed. Then apply a delicious face oil or serum to your skin, so that the stone glides well over the skin. Never perform Gua Sha on dry skin.
- Hold the stone flat against the skin, and move the stone at a leisurely pace over the skin. Use light to medium pressure. The direction of movement should always be sideways or upwards for good lymphatic drainage.
- Start at the bottom of the neck. Move the stone upwards 5-10 times and wiggle the stone slightly each time it hits the hairline. Repeat the same pattern on the sides of the neck and on the front of the neck.
- On the face, start at the bottom of the jaw and move the stone towards the ear 5-10 times. The curved side is perfect to use here. The next route is over the cheeks and cheekbones, feel free to use the long flat side of the stone. Then go over the area under the eye, then the eyebrow. In these areas you should use a lighter pressure, and the direction of the stone's movement is now towards the temple. Finally, lightly scratch the forehead, from the middle between the eyebrows and up towards the hairline.
How to use the Silkemyk Facial Roller
Our Face Roller is a face roller for more gentle, yet effective massage. Facial Roller stimulates blood circulation so that the skin gets a healthy glow, and at the same time has a cooling effect on swelling and irritated skin. For example, if you have Rosacea, I would recommend a chilled Facial Roller over the Gua Sha stone.
- Before you start, you need to clean the skin. Always use the Facial Roller together with a product, such as a facial oil or serum. You can also use the Face Roller over a sheet mask, which means that the roller glides more easily over the face and the skin absorbs the moisture from the mask extra well.
- Roll with light to medium pressure at a leisurely pace when using the face roller. The direction of movement must always be sideways or upwards. Roll in one direction, and don't roll back and forth.
- Start at the bottom of the neck and move upwards, also remembering the sides of the neck. Roll over the same area 5-10 times.
- On the face, start at the bottom of the jaw, then over the cheeks and cheekbones, and roll over the skin 5-10 times up towards the ear. Then roll over the areas under and above the eye towards the temple, and finally in the forehead from the middle between the eyebrows up towards the hairline. Use the large roller on the cheeks, jaw and forehead, while the small roller is great for the area around the eyes.
Tip! Store the facial roller for a few minutes in the fridge before treatment for an extra cooling effect.
Also read: 9 benefits of Gua Sha
So to conclude: If you are not bothered by sensitive skin, rosacea or the like, I would use both tools equally. Start with the stone, and roll over the face with the Facial Roller at the end. The treatment with the facial roller is more sensitive, but still a good and effective treatment.
Are you one of those who struggle with, among other things, burst blood vessels, sensitive skin and rosacea on the face? You are welcome to use Gua Sha as a treatment, as it can have a calming effect on the skin when used correctly. At the same time, one should be a little careful, as rough handling can make the condition worse. We recommend that you put your facial roller in the fridge for a few minutes before treatment - so that it is nice and cool. Then gently roll over your skin with light pressure to cool and calm irritated skin.
Why Gua Sha?
Although the Gua Sha trend is relatively new, it is actually a treatment that has already been around for over 2,000 years in Chinese medicine. Gua Sha is a massage technique that involves using stones/crystals to massage the face and body. When you massage your face with the Gua Sha stone or facial roller, the skin will turn slightly red, which means that the blood circulation in the area increases. This in turn means that lots of nutrients and oxygen are transported there, which is super healthy for your skin.
9 concrete reasons why you should buy your own Gua Sha kit? Here we go!
- Reduce wrinkles
- Prevent tense muscles and headaches
- Reduce facial puffiness
- Get tighter skin and a more defined jaw
- Treat sensitive skin, rosacea and burst blood vessels
- Treat acne with Gua Sha
- Get tighter skin and less cellulite on the body
- Increase microcirculation, blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Relax more